Disjunction is a related term of discord.
As nouns the difference between disjunction and discord
is that disjunction
is act of disjoining; disunion, separation while discord
is lack of concord, agreement or harmony.
As a verb discord is
(archaic) to disagree; to be at variance; to fail to agree or harmonize; clash.
act of disjoining; disunion, separation
state of being disjoined
(logic) The proposition resulting from the combination of two or more propositions using the or operator.
(mathematics) a logical operator that results in true when some of its operands are true.
(biology) During meiosis, the separation of chromosomes (homologous in meiosis I, and sister chromatids in meiosis II).
* (in mathematics) conjunction
* (in mathematics) logical connective
* (in logic) inclusive disjunction
* (in logic) exclusive disjunction
* (in logic) disjunct
* disjunctive normal form
"Disjunction" in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
"Disjunction" in Wolfram MathWorld
Lack of concord, agreement or harmony.
* Bible, Proverbs vi. 19
- A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
(music) An inharmonious combination of simultaneously sounded tones; a dissonance.
Any harsh noise, or confused mingling of sounds.
* Francis Bacon
- Peace to arise out of universal discord fomented in all parts of the empire.
- For a discord itself is but a harshness of divers sounds meeting.
(archaic) To disagree; to be at variance; to fail to agree or harmonize; clash.
* Francis Bacon
- The one discording with the other.