Conceal vs Disclose - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between conceal and disclose
is that conceal
) to hide something from view or from public knowledge, to try to keep something secret while disclose
is (obsolete) to open up, unfasten.
As a noun disclose is
(obsolete) a disclosure.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(lb) To hide something from view or from public knowledge, to try to keep something secret.
*:Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, of errand not wholly obvious to their fellows, yet of such sort as to call into query alike the nature of their errand and their own relations. It is easily earned repetition to state that Josephine St. Auban's was a presence not to be concealed .
(obsolete) To open up, unfasten.
* Francis Bacon
To uncover, physically expose to view.
- The ostrich layeth her eggs under sand, where the heat of the discloseth them.
* 1972 , Vladimir Nabokov, Transparent Things , McGraw-Hill 1972, p. 13:
- The shells being broken, the stone included in them is thereby disclosed and set at liberty.
To expose to the knowledge of others; to make known, state openly, reveal.
* Alexander Pope
- Its brown curtain was only half drawn, disclosing the elegant legs, clad in transparent black, of a female seated inside.
- Her lively looks a sprightly mind disclose .
- If I disclose my passion, / Our friendship's at an end.
* cover up
(obsolete) A disclosure