Convocation vs Diet - What's the difference?
Convocation is a synonym of diet.
As a noun convocation
is the act of calling or assembling by summons.
As an abbreviation diet is
The act of calling or assembling by summons.
An assembly or meeting.
An assembly of the clergy, by their representatives, to consult on ecclesiastical affairs.
An academical assembly, in which the business of the university is transacted.
* (academic assembly) (l)
(senseid)The food and beverage a person or animal consumes.
(countable) A controlled regimen of food and drink, as to gain or lose weight or otherwise influence health.
By extension, any habitual intake or consumption.
- The diet of the Giant Panda consists mainly of bamboo.
(countable) A council or assembly of leaders; a formal deliberative assembly.
- He's been reading a steady diet of nonfiction for the last several years.
To regulate the food of (someone); to put on a diet.
- they will diet themselves, feed and live alone.
To modify one's food and beverage intake so as to decrease or increase body weight or influence health.
- She diets him with fasting every day.
(obsolete) To eat; to take one's meals.
* Francis Bacon
- I've been dieting for six months, and have lost some weight.
(obsolete) To cause to take food; to feed.
- Let himdiet in such places, where there is good company of the nation, where he travelleth.
- But partly led to diet my revenge […].