As nouns the difference between dipper and diaper
is that dipper
is (canada|politics|informal) a member or supporter of the canadian new democratic party while diaper
is a textile fabric having a diamond-shaped pattern formed by alternating directions of thread.
As a proper noun dipper
is (astronomy) a chinese constellation located near sagittarius, one of the 28 lunar mansions and part of the larger black turtle.
As a verb diaper is
to put diapers on someone.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Any of various small passerine birds of the genus Cinclus that live near fast-flowing streams and feed along the bottom.
A cup-shaped vessel with a long handle, for dipping out liquids.
;birds of the genus Cinclus
;cup-shaped vessel with a handle
* Big Dipper
* Little Dipper
A textile fabric having a diamond-shaped pattern formed by alternating directions of thread.
* 1890 , (Oscar Wilde), The Picture of Dorian Gray , ch. XI:
A towel or napkin made from such fabric.
- The orphreys were woven in a diaper of red and gold silk, and were starred with medallions of many saints and martyrs, among whom was St. Sebastian.
(North America) An absorbent garment worn by a baby, by a young child not yet toilet trained, or by an older person who is incontinent; a nappy.
The diamond pattern associated with diaper textiles.
Surface decoration of any sort which consists of the constant repetition of one or more simple figures or units of design evenly spaced.
- Let one attend him with a silver basin, / Another bear the ewer, the third a diaper .
* (absorbent garment) nappy (qualifier); napkin (qualifier)
* incontinence diaper
To put diapers on someone.
To draw flowers or figures, as upon cloth.
- Diapering a baby is something you have to learn fast.
- If you diaper on folds.