Pious vs Devoted - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between pious and devoted
is that pious
is of or pertaining to piety, exhibiting piety, devout, godfearing while devoted
is vowed; dedicated; consecrated.
As a verb devoted is
Of or pertaining to piety, exhibiting piety, devout, godfearing.
* 2014, (Paul Salopek), Blessed. Cursed. Claimed. , National Geographic (December 2014)[http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/12/pilgrim-roads/salopek-text]
- Its male residents dress like crows: heavy black suits, black Borsalino hats, the old grandfathers hugely whiskered and the boys in peot, the curled sidelocks of the pious .
* Sometimes used pejoratively, in the sense of "mistaken" or "false" piety, as in "pious errors", "pious frauds".
* reverent, reverential, dutiful, religious, devout, godly
* (of or pertaining to piety) impious, independent, profane
Vowed; dedicated; consecrated.
Zealous; characterized by devotion.
(obsolete) cursed; doomed.