Emergent vs Develope - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between emergent and develope
is that emergent
is while develope
As an adjective emergent
is emerging (in the process of emerging).
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(lb) Arising unexpectedly, especially if also calling for immediate reaction; constituting an emergency.
* 1918 , The Missionary Review of the World , volume 41, page 818:
Emerging; coming into view or into existence; nascent; new.
(botany) Taller than the surrounding vegetation.
(botany, of a water-dwelling plant) Having leaves and flowers above the water.
(video games) Having gameplay that arises from its mechanics, rather than a linear storyline.
* 2008 , Jim Rossignol, This Gaming Life: Travels in Three Cities (page 126)
- In all these great and vital things which America has discovered to be emergent necessities,
- In short, emergent games are ones that allow a huge range of possibilities and don't dictate a strict, linear flow of events. A strategy game is emergent because so many units can interact and have some effect on each other.
* emergent evolution
(botany) A plant whose root system grows underwater, but whose shoot, leaves and flowers grow up and above the water.
* Viscount Henry St. John Bolingbroke
- You see that I have said what has been said, on a supposition, that, however obscure theology may be, the Christian religion is extremely plain, and requires no great learning, nor deep meditation to develope it.