As verbs the difference between killed and destroy
is that killed
) while destroy
to damage beyond use or repair
As an adjective killed
is (metallurgy|of steel) deoxidized.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* must have killed a Chinaman
(metallurgy, of steel) deoxidized
To damage beyond use or repair.
To cause destruction.
- The earthquake destroyed several apartment complexes.
To neutralize, undo a property or condition.
- ''Hooligans destroy unprovoked
To put down or euthanize.
- ''Smoking destroys the natural subtlety of the palate
(colloquial) To defeat soundly.
(computing) To remove data.
- Destroying a rabid dog is required by law.
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to destroy the temporary lists.
* See also
* destroyer escort
* destroying angel