Desirable is a synonym of attractive.
As adjectives the difference between desirable and attractive
is that desirable
is suitable]], worthy to be [[desire#verb|desired while attractive
is causing attraction; having the quality of attracting by inherent force.
As a noun desirable
is a thing that people want; something that is desirable.
Suitable]], worthy to be [[desire#Verb, desired.
- With fresh material, taxonomic conclusions are leavened by recognition that the material examined reflects the site it occupied; a herbarium packet gives one only a small fraction of the data desirable for sound conclusions. Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get
A thing that people want; something that is desirable.
- There are plenty of desirables on display in the window.
Causing attraction; having the quality of attracting by inherent force.
Having the power of charming or alluring by agreeable qualities; enticing.
Pleasing or appealing to the senses.
- That's a very attractive offer.
- He is an attractive fellow with a trim figure.
* (causing attraction) magnetic
* (having the power of charming) desirable
* (pleasing or appealing to the senses) pretty, beautiful
* (having the power of charming) repulsive, ugly
* (pleasing or appealing to the senses) repulsive, ugly