Bowels vs Depths - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Bowels is a related term of depths.
As nouns the difference between bowels and depths
is that bowels
is while depths
(plural only) The deepest or innermost part.
(plural only) The concept or quality that defines something at its very core.
- down in the bowels of the Earth
(plural only) The intestines.
- the project's bowels
* (deepest or innermost part) centre/center, core, heart
* (intestines) entrails, guts, intestines
(literary) The deepest part. (Usually of a body of water.)
(literary) A very remote part.
- The burning ship finally sunk into the depths .
- Into the depths of the jungle...
The lowest point, all-time low, nadir.
- In the depths of the night,
- To plumb the depths of despair
The most severe part.
- To stir someone to his depths .
- in the depths of the crisis .
- in the depths of winter .
* As the meaning is superlative, it is almost always used with the definite article the