As verbs the difference between deprecate and depredate
is that deprecate
is to belittle or express disapproval of while depredate
is to ransack or plunder; to prey upon.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To belittle or express disapproval of.
- He deprecates any praise of his own merits.
- They deprecated the attempt to deny aid to homeless people.
To declare something obsolescent; to recommend against a function, technique, command, etc. that still works but has been replaced.
- She deprecated any action which might disturb the peace.
- The bold tag has been deprecated in favour of the strong tag.
(archaic) To pray against.
- It is still supported but strongly deprecated .
* Do not confuse with depreciate.
to ransack or plunder; to prey upon
* Francis Bacon
to engage in plundering
- It makes the substance of the body less apt to be consumed and depredated by the spirits.