Dividend vs Deposition - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between dividend and deposition
is that dividend
is dividend while deposition
is deposition, statement.
(arithmetic) A number or expression that is to be divided by another.
(finance) A pro rata payment of money by a company to its shareholders, usually made periodically (eg, quarterly or annually).
- In "42 ÷ 3" the dividend is the 42.
* regular dividend, special dividend
* addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
* subtraction: (minuend) ? (subtrahend) = (difference)
* multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
* division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend
The removal of someone from office.
The act of depositing material, especially by a natural process; the resultant deposit.
(chemistry) The production of a thin film of material onto an existing surface.
(legal) The process of taking sworn testimony out of court; the testimony so taken.
(meteorology) The formation of snow or frost directly from water vapor.
(physics) The transformation of a gas into a solid without an intermediate liquid phase (reverse of sublimation)
(religion) The formal placement of relics in a church or shrine, and the feast day commemorating it.
* erosion, corrosion
* thin film deposition
* vapor deposition