Religion vs Denominationalism - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between religion and denominationalism
is that religion
is religion while denominationalism
is the division of one religion into separate groups, sects, schools of thought or denominations.
The belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.
A particular system of faith and worship.
- My brother tends to value religion , but my sister not as much.
- Islam is a major religion in parts of Asia and Africa.
The way of life committed to by monks and nuns.
- Eckankar is a new religion''' but Zoroastrianism is an old '''religion .
Any practice that someone or some group is seriously devoted to.
- The monk entered religion when he was 20 years of age.
(obsolete) Faithfulness to a given principle; conscientiousness.
- At this point, ''Star Trek'' has really become a religion .
- Oh with what religion doe I respect and observe the same!
Generally speaking, certain groups that do not acknowledge the existence of one or more deities, such as Buddhism, are still religious—though some people prefer a definition of religion without non-theistic groups within the definition. Others are in favor of a more inclusive definition of religion that recognizes that everyone has their own set of religious beliefs.
* See also
* belief system
* Abrahamic religion
* false religion
* holy man
* spiritual leader
The division of one religion into separate groups, sects, schools of thought or denominations.