Demolish is a synonym of destroy.
As verbs the difference between demolish and destroy
is that demolish
is to destroy; to destruct while destroy
to damage beyond use or repair
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To destroy; to destruct.
(figuratively) To utterly defeat.
- They demolished the old house and put up four townhouses.
, date=October 2
, author=Kevin Core
, title=Fulham 6 - 0 QPR
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=Andrew Johnson scored a hat-trick as Fulham demolished
London rivals Queens Park Rangers to win their Premier League fixture of the season.}}
* See also
To damage beyond use or repair.
To cause destruction.
- The earthquake destroyed several apartment complexes.
To neutralize, undo a property or condition.
- ''Hooligans destroy unprovoked
To put down or euthanize.
- ''Smoking destroys the natural subtlety of the palate
(colloquial) To defeat soundly.
(computing) To remove data.
- Destroying a rabid dog is required by law.
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to destroy the temporary lists.
* See also
* destroyer escort
* destroying angel