Secured vs Delivered - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between secured and delivered
is that secured
) while delivered
As an adjective delivered is
) that has been, or will be, delivered in a specific manner.
* secuer (obsolete)
Free from attack or danger; protected.
Free from the danger of theft; safe.
Free from the risk of eavesdropping, interception or discovery; secret.
Free from anxiety or doubt; unafraid.
Firm and not likely to fail; stable.
Free from the risk of financial loss; reliable.
Confident in opinion; not entertaining, or not having reason to entertain, doubt; certain; sure; commonly used with of .
- But thou, secure of soul, unbent with woes.
- secure of a welcome
Overconfident; incautious; careless.
- Confidence then bore thee on, secure / Either to meet no danger, or to find / Matter of glorious trial.
To make safe; to relieve from apprehensions of, or exposure to, danger; to guard; to protect.
To put beyond hazard of losing or of not receiving; to make certain; to assure; frequently with against'' or ''from'', or formerly with ''of .
- I spread a cloud before the victor's sight, / Sustained the vanquished, and secured his flight.
* T. Dick
- to secure''' a creditor against loss; to '''secure a debt by a mortgage
To make fast; to close or confine effectually; to render incapable of getting loose or escaping.
- It secures its possessor of eternal happiness.
To get possession of; to make oneself secure of; to acquire certainly.
- to secure''' a prisoner; to '''secure a door, or the hatches of a ship
* 2014 , Jamie Jackson, "
- to secure an estate
Ángel di María says Manchester United were the ‘only club’ after Real", The Guardian , 26 August 2014:
- With the Argentinian secured United will step up their attempt to sign a midfielder and, possibly, a defender in the closing days of the transfer window. Juventus’s Arturo Vidal, Milan’s Nigel de Jong and Ajax’s Daley Blind, who is also a left-sided defensive player, are potential targets.
* , chapter=3
- "[Captain] was able to secure some good photographs of the fortress."
(Flight, 1911, p. 766)
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=One saint's day in mid-term a certain newly appointed suffragan-bishop came to the school chapel, and there preached on “The Inner Life.” He at once secured
attention by his informal method, and when presently the coughing of Jarvis […] interrupted the sermon, he altogether captivated his audience with a remark about cough lozenges being cheap and easily procurable.}}
(label) That has been, or will be, delivered in a specific manner.