Beastly vs Degrading - What's the difference?
Beastly is a synonym of degrading.
As adjectives the difference between beastly and degrading
is that beastly
is (uk) pertaining to, or having the form, nature or habits of, a beast while degrading
is that degrades.
As an adverb beastly
is like a beast; brutishly.
As a verb degrading is
(UK) Pertaining to, or having the form, nature or habits of, a beast.
(UK) Characterizing the nature of a beast; contrary to the nature and dignity of man; brutal; filthy.
(UK, dated) Abominable.
- beastly weather
Most often used pejoratively. is more narrow, though also often used pejoratively.
* (like a beast) bestial, animalian
Like a beast; brutishly.
* 1590 , (Edmund Spenser), The Faerie Queene , III.8:
* 1901 , The Literary World - Volume 63 - Page 35:
- Beastly he threwe her downe, ne car'd to spill / Her garments gay with scales of fish that all did fill.
- They have insulted me most beastly . Moreover, they are, everyone of them, black-satan filthmen.