Of a quantity, to become smaller.
To make (a quantity) smaller.
* (become smaller) drop, fall, go down, plummet (rapidly), plunge (rapidly), reduce, shrink, sink
* (make smaller) abate, cut, decrement, lower, reduce
* (become larger) go up, grow, increase, rise, soar (rapidly), shoot up (rapidly)
* (make larger) increase, increment, raise, up (informal)
An amount by which a quantity is decreased.
(knitting) A reduction in the number of stitches, usually accomplished by suspending the stitch to be decreased from another existing stitch or by knitting it together with another stitch. See .
* (amount by which a quantity is decreased) cut, decrement, drop, fall, loss, lowering, reduction, shrinkage
* (amount by which a quantity is decreased) gain, increase, increment, raise , rise