Peddle vs Deathmonger - What's the difference?
As a verb peddle
is to sell things, especially door to door.
As a noun deathmonger is
one who peddles death; a murderer of many.
To sell things, especially door to door.
* , chapter=3
Mr. Pratt's Patients
, passage=My hopes wa'n't disappointed. I never saw clams thicker than they was along them inshore flats. I filled my dreener in no time, and then it come to me that 'twouldn't be a bad idee to get a lot more, take 'em with me to Wellmouth, and peddle
'em out. Clams was fairly scarce over that side of the bay and ought to fetch a fair price.}}
To sell illegal narcotics.
(derogatory, figuratively) To spread or cause to spread.
* 2009 , Michael John Beashel, Unshackled (page 166)
* 2012 , Niamh O'Connor, Taken (page 166)
- Christine walked a dangerous line, peddling gossip about her detested son-in-law.
- Roberts was a drug dealer, nicknamed 'King Krud', who peddled death and misery.
One who peddles death; a murderer of many.
* 1990 , Nat Segaloff, Hurricane Billy: the stormy life and films of William Friedkin
* 2002 , Reuven P Bulka, Modern folk Judaism: the reality and the challenge
- So what if arms dealers are money-grabbing deathmongers ? This is a revelation?
* 2006 , John Biggins, The Two-Headed Eagle
- And then there were those who died and were martyred in the struggle to maintain a Jewish lifestyle, murdered at the hands of deathmongers , pillagers...
- Having babies spits in the eye of the Ludendorffs and Kaiser Wilhelms and the Krupps and all the other deathmongers who'd kill the lot of us if they could.