Murderer vs Deathmonger - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between murderer and deathmonger
is that murderer
is a person who commits murder while deathmonger
is one who peddles death; a murderer of many.
A person who commits murder.
*1886 , (Robert Louis Stevenson), (Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde)
*:It was two o'clock when she came to herself and called for the police. The murderer was gone long ago; but there lay his victim in the middle of the lane, incredibly mangled. The stick with which the deed had been done, although it was of some rare and very tough and heavy wood, had broken in the middle under the stress of this insensate cruelty
*:I had never defrauded a man of a farthing, nor called him knave behind his back. But now the last rag that covered my nakedness had been torn from me. I was branded a blackleg, card-sharper, and murderer .
* See also
One who peddles death; a murderer of many.
* 1990 , Nat Segaloff, Hurricane Billy: the stormy life and films of William Friedkin
* 2002 , Reuven P Bulka, Modern folk Judaism: the reality and the challenge
- So what if arms dealers are money-grabbing deathmongers ? This is a revelation?
* 2006 , John Biggins, The Two-Headed Eagle
- And then there were those who died and were martyred in the struggle to maintain a Jewish lifestyle, murdered at the hands of deathmongers , pillagers...
- Having babies spits in the eye of the Ludendorffs and Kaiser Wilhelms and the Krupps and all the other deathmongers who'd kill the lot of us if they could.