Hassle vs Dazzle - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between hassle and dazzle
is that hassle
is trouble, bother, unwanted annoyances or problems while dazzle
is a light of dazzling brilliancy.
As verbs the difference between hassle and dazzle
is that hassle
is to trouble, to bother, to annoy while dazzle
is to confuse the sight of by means of excessive brightness.
Trouble, bother, unwanted annoyances or problems.
A fight or argument.
An action which is not worth the difficulty involved.
- I went through a lot of hassle to be the first to get a ticket.
To trouble, to bother, to annoy.
To pick a fight or start an argument.
- The unlucky boy was hassled by a gang of troublemakers on his way home.
To confuse the sight of by means of excessive brightness.
- Dazzled by the headlights of the lorry, the deer stopped in the middle of the street.
* Sir H. Taylor
- Those heavenly shapes / Will dazzle now the earthly, with their blaze / Insufferably bright.
(figuratively) To render incapable of thinking clearly; to overwhelm with showiness or brilliance.
- An unreflected light did never yet / Dazzle the vision feminine.
To be overpowered by light; to be confused by excess of brightness.
* Francis Bacon
- The delegates were dazzled by the originality of his arguments.
- An overlight maketh the eyes dazzle .
- I dare not trust these eyes; / They dance in mists, and dazzle with surprise.
A light of dazzling brilliancy.
(uncommon) A herd of zebra.
* 1958', Laurens Van der Post, ''The lost world of the Kalahari: with the great and the little memory'' (' 1998 David Coulson edition):
* 2009 , Darren Paul Shearer, In You God Trusts , page 176:
- We were trying to stalk a dazzle of zebra which flashed in and out of a long strip of green and yellow fever trees, with an ostrich, its feathers flared like a ballet skirt around its dancing legs, on their flank, when suddenly
* 2010 , Douglas Rogers, The Last Resort: A Memoir of Mischief and Mayhem on a Family Farm in Africa , page 22:
- Zebras move in herds which are known as "dazzles." When a lion approaches a dazzle of zebras during its hunt,
- I reached the lodge as a dazzle of zebras trotted across the dirt road into thorny scrub by the game fence, and a lone kudu gazed up at me from the short grass near the swimming pool.