Daubest vs Daubes - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between daubest and daubes
is that daubest
is (archaic) (daub
) while daubes
Excrement or clay used as a bonding material in construction .
A soft coating of mud, plaster etc.
A crude or amateurish painting.
To apply (something) to a surface in hasty or crude strokes.
To apply something to (a surface) in hasty or crude strokes.
* Bible, Exodus ii. 3
- The artist just seemed to daub on paint at random and suddenly there was a painting.
To paint (a picture, etc.) in a coarse or unskilful manner.
* I. Watts
- She took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch.
- If a picture is daubed with many bright and glaring colours, the vulgar admire it as an excellent piece.
To cover with a specious or deceitful exterior; to disguise; to conceal.
- a lame, imperfect piece, rudely daubed over
To flatter excessively or glossy.
- So smooth he daubed his vice with show of virtue.
To put on without taste; to deck gaudily.
- I can safely say, however, that, without any daubing at all, I am very sincerely your very affectionate, humble servant.
- Let him be daubed with lace.