* 1997 , (Kiran Nagarkar), Cuckold , HarperCollins 2013, p. 72:
(Bristol, Wales, usually in plural) A plimsoll.
* 1988, , Penguin Books (1988), page 169:
- I somehow expected them to shout obscenities, and was glad I had come ordinarily dressed, in a sports shirt, an old linen jacket, jeans and daps .
(Bristol) To run or go somewhere quickly.
To do some form of dipping, dabbing, or bouncing action.
- I'll just dap down to the shop.
- in metalworking is the technique of creating a hollow indentation, also known as doming, dishing or dapping .
- dapping is to rebound or adopt a rebounding action, e.g. to fish by letting the bait dip and bob lightly onto the water, in the manner that some insects lay eggs in the water.