Software vs Css - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between software and css
is that software
is software while css
(computing) Encoded computer instructions, usually modifiable (unless stored in some form of unalterable memory such as ROM). Compare hardware.
* 1958 , John W. Tukey, "The Teaching of Concrete Mathematics" in The American Mathematical Monthly , vol. 65, no. 1 (Jan. 1958), pp 1-9:
* 1995 , Paul Niquette, Softword: Provenance for the Word ‘Software’ :
- The "software " comprising the carefully planned interpretive routines, compilers, and other aspects of automative programming are at least as important to the modern electronic calculator as its "hardware" of tubes, transistors, wires, tapes and the like.
- As originally conceived, the word "software " was merely an obvious way to distinguish a program from the computer itself. A program comprised sequences of changeable instructions each having the power to command the behavior of the permanently crafted machinery, the "hardware."
Software'' is a mass noun (''some software'', ''a piece of software''). By non-native speakers it is sometimes erroneously treated as a countable noun (''a software'', ''some softwares ).
* See also
* open source
(military, rocketry) NATO prefix-code for Chinese surface-to-surface missile systems developed by the People's Republic of China
(nautical) (The designation for a survey ship operated by the Canadian Hydrographic Service)
(historical, nautical, military) (The designation for a commissioned warship operated by the Confederate States Navy)
* (Canada) HMCS, CCGS
* (Confederate States of America) USS
* (NATO) SS