As nouns the difference between vacuum and cryotrap
is that vacuum
is (rare|chiefly|netherlands) while cryotrap
is (chemistry) a device used to remove certain materials from a vacuum system by condensation on a cold surface.
A region of space that contains no matter.
A vacuum cleaner.
The condition of rarefaction, or reduction of pressure below that of the atmosphere, in a vessel, such as the condenser of a steam engine, which is nearly exhausted of air or steam, etc.
- a vacuum of 26 inches of mercury, or 13 pounds per square inch
* In the sense of "a region of space that contains no matter", the plural of vacuum' is either '''vacua''' or '''vacuums'''. In the sense of a "vacuum cleaner" ' vacuums is the only plural.
* The Latin in vacuo'' is sometimes used instead of ''in a vacuum (in free space).
* (vacuum cleaner) hoover (British )
* (region of space that contains no matter) plenum
* power vacuum
* vacuum brake
* vacuum cleaner
* vacuum pan
* vacuum valve
To clean (something) with a vacuum cleaner.
To use a vacuum cleaner.
* (transitive sense) to hoover (British)
* (intransitive sense) to do the hoovering, to hoover (British)
(chemistry) A device used to remove certain materials from a vacuum system by condensation on a cold surface