As adjectives the difference between crowded and populous
is that crowded
is containing too many of something; teeming while populous
is having a large population.
As a verb crowded
Containing too many of something; teeming.
* the world and his wife
Having a large population.
(of a, language) Spoken by a large number of people.
- ''China is the most populous country in the world.
* Victoria Fromkin, ?Robert Rodman, ?Nina M. Hyams, An Introduction to Language (ISBN 1111784094), page 524:
- Chinese is the most populous language.
Densely]] [[populate, populated.
- The Sino-Tibetan family includes Mandarin, the most populous language in the world, spoken by more than one billion Chinese.
Crowded with people.
- The Nile delta is a populous region.
- Airport departure halls are often populous places during the rush hours.