Orangutan vs Crow - What's the difference?
As a noun orangutan
As a proper noun crow is
a native american tribe or crow
can be .
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* orang utan, orang-utan, orang-utang, orangutang, orangoutan, orangoutang
An arboreal anthropoid ape genus Pongo'' consisting of two species, ''Pongo pygmaeus'' of Borneo and ''Pongo abelii of Sumatra, having a shaggy reddish-brown coat, very long arms, and no tail.
(etyl) ‘to crow’. See below.
A bird, usually black, of the genus Corvus , having a strong conical beak, with projecting bristles; it has a harsh, croaking call.
* 1922 , E.R. Eddison, The Worm Ouroborus
A bar of iron with a beak, crook, or claw; a bar of iron used as a lever; a crowbar.
* 1796 , Matthew Lewis, The Monk , Folio Society 1985, page 267:
- Gaslark in his splendour on the golden stairs saying adieu to those three captains and their matchless armament foredoomed to dogs and crows on Salapanta Hills.
The cry of the rooster.
A gangplank () used by the Roman navy to board enemy ships.
(among butchers) The mesentery of an animal.
- He approached the humble tomb in which Antonia reposed. He had provided himself with an iron crow and a pick-axe: but this precaution was unnecessary.
* (bar) crowbar
* (cry of a rooster) cock-a-doodle-doo
* American crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos )
* as the crow flies
* Australian crow (Corvus orru )
* Banggai crow (Corvus unicolor )
* bare-faced crow (Corvus tristis )
* Bismarck crow (Corvus insularis )
* black crow (Corvus capensis )
* Bougainville crow (Corvus meeki )
* brown-headed crow (Corvus fuscicapillus )
* cape crow (Corvus capensis )
* carrion crow (Corvus corone )
* Celebes pied crow (Corvus typicus )
* collared crow (Corvus torquatus )
* Cuban crow (Corvus nasicus )
* Danish crow
* eastern jungle crow (Corvus (macrorhynchos) levaillantii )
* eat crow
* Eurasian crow (Corvus corone )
* fish crow (Corvus ossifragus )
* Flores crow (Corvus florensis )
* grey crow (Corvus tristis )
* Hawaiian crow (Corvus hawaiiensis'', ''Corvus tropicus )
* high-billed crow
* hooded crow (Corvus cornix )
* house crow (Corvus splendens )
* Indian house crow (Corvus splendens )
* Indian jungle crow (Corvus (macrorhynchos) culminatus )
* Iraq pied crow (Corvus (cornix) capellanus )
* Jamaican crow (Corvus jamaicensis )
* jungle crow (Corvus macrorhynchos )
* large-billed crow (Corvus (macrorhynchos) macrorhynchos )
* little crow (Corvus bennetti )
* long-billed crow (Corvus validus )
* Mariana crow (Corvus kubaryi )
* Mesopotamian crow (Corvus (cornix) capellanus )
* New Caledonian crow (Corvus moneduloides )
* New Ireland crow
* northwestern crow (Corvus caurinus )
* palm crow (Corvus palmarum )
* pied crow (Corvus albus )
* piping crow (Corvus typicus )
* Puerto Rican crow (Corvus pumilis )
* Robust crow (Corvus viriosus )
* Salomon Islands crow (Corvus meeki'', ''Corvus woodfordi )
* Scotch crow
* Sinaloan crow (Corvus sinaloae )
* slender-billed crow (Corvus enca )
* Somali crow (Corvus (ruficolis) edithae )
* stone the crows
* Tamaulipas crow (Corvus imparatus )
* Torresian crow (Corvus orru )
* violaceous crow (Corvus (enca) violaceus )
* white-billed crow (Corvus woodfordi )
* white-necked crow (Corvus leucognaphalus )
* murder of crows (= flock of crows)
(etyl) ). Related to (m).
To make the shrill sound characteristic of a rooster; to make a sound in this manner, either in joy, gaiety, or defiance.
* 1962 , (Bob Dylan),
- The morning cock crew loud.
- When your rooster crows at the break o' dawn
To shout in exultation or defiance; to brag.
- Look out your window and I'll be gone.
To utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure.
- He's been crowing all day about winning the game of cards.
* 1913 , :
- the sweetest little maid that ever crowed for kisses
(music) To test the reed of a double reed instrument by placing the reed alone in the mouth and blowing it.
- Hearing the miner's footsteps, the baby would put up his arms and crow .