As a verb crave
is to desire strongly, so as to satisfy an appetite; to long or yearn for.
As a noun cravings is
To desire strongly, so as to satisfy an appetite; to long or yearn for.
* Edmund Gurney
- I know I should diet more, but every afternoon I crave a soda so I have one.
To ask for earnestly.
- His path is one that eminently craves weary walking.
- I humbly crave your indulgence to read this letter until the end.
* Bible, Mark xv. 43
- I crave your honour's pardon.
- Joseph went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.