Crashy vs Crasht - What's the difference?
As an adjective crashy
is (computing) tending to crash.
As a verb crasht is
(computing) Tending to crash.
From (etyl) (m), (for form development compare (m), (m), (m)).
An automobile, airplane, or other vehicle accident.
- She broke two bones in her body in a car crash .
A computer malfunction that is caused by faulty software, and makes the system either partially or totally inoperable.
- Nobody survived the plane crash
A loud sound as made for example by cymbals.
- My computer had a crash so I had to reboot it.
A sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- The piece ended in a crescendo, building up to a crash of cymbals.
A comedown of a drug.
A group of rhinoceroses.
* Patrick F. McManus, “Nincompoopery'' and Other Group Terms”, in ''The Grasshopper Trap , Henry Holt and Company, ISBN 0-8050-0111-5, page 103,
- the stock market ''crash'''
- One of my favorites among the terms of groups of creatures is a crash''''' of rhinoceros. I can imagine an African guide saying to his client, “Shoot, dammit, shoot! Here comes the whole bloody ' crash of rhinoceros!”
* 1998 , E. Melanie Watt, Black Rhinos , page 19
- […] Personally, I think I’d just as soon come across a crash of rhinoceros as a knot of toad.
* 1999 , Edward Osborne Wilson, The Diversity of Life , page 126
- The largest group of black rhinos reported was made up of 13 individuals. A group of rhinos is called a crash .
* 2003 , Claude Herve-Bazin, Judith Farr Kenya and Tanzania , page 23
- Out in the water a crash of rhinoceros-like animals browse belly deep through a bed of aquatic plants.
- The crash of rhinoceros at Tsavo now numbers almost 200.
* crash and burn
* crash course
* stock market crash
quick, fast, intensive
- crash course
- crash diet
To collide with something destructively, fall or come down violently.
To severely damage or destroy something by causing it to collide with something else.
(slang) (via gatecrash) To attend a social event without invitation.
- I'm sorry for crashing the bike into a wall. I'll pay for repairs.
(management) To accelerate a project or a task or its schedule by devoting more resources to it.
To make or experience informal temporary living arrangements.
- We weren't invited to the party so we decided to crash it.
(computing, software, intransitive) To terminate extraordinarily.
- Hey dude, can I crash at your pad?
(computing, software, transitive) To cause to terminate extraordinarily.
- If the system crashes again, we'll have it fixed in the computer shop.
To experience a period of depression and/or lethargy after a period of euphoria, as after the euphoric effect of a psychotropic drug has dissipated.
- Double-clicking this icon crashes the desktop.
From (etyl) .
(fibre) Plain linen.