Semiarid vs Crap - What's the difference?
As an adjective semiarid
is somewhat arid, receiving little rainfall but more than an arid area would typically defined as 25 to 50 cm or 10 to 20 inches of rainfall annually.
Somewhat arid, receiving little rainfall but more than an arid area would. Typically defined as 25 to 50 cm or 10 to 20 inches of rainfall annually.
From (etyl) crappe, also in plural: crappen, crappys, . Related to (l).
(obsolete) The husk of grain; chaff.
(slang) Something of poor quality.
(slang, vulgar) Something that is rubbish; nonsense.
- The long-running game show went from offering good prizes to crap in no time.
(slang, vulgar) Faeces or feces.
(slang, vulgar, countable) An act of defecation.
- The college student boasted of completing a 10,000-word essay on Shakespeare, but the professor judged it as utter crap .
(slang) Useless object or entity.
- ''I have to take a crap
- What is that?'' ''It's just a bunch of crap
(vulgar, slang) To defecate.
* crap on - (UK) To talk at length in a foolish or boring way.
* To crap something out: to damage or destroy something.
(chiefly, UK, colloquial, somewhat, vulgar) Of poor quality.
- I drove an old crap car for ten years before buying a new one.
* crappy (chiefly, North America)
(slang) Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
- Oh crap! The other driver's going to hit my car!
- Crap! I lost the game.
- What the crap ?!
- Aw, crap , I have to start over again from the beginning of the level.
From "crab's eyes"
(gambling) A losing throw of 2, 3 or 12 in craps.
* crap out