Crass vs Crap - What's the difference?
As an adjective crass
is coarse; crude; not refined or sensible.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
coarse; crude; not refined or sensible
* 2002 , ,
- You guys would rather be with someone else who’s equal to your status in life. Tiger Woods, or somebody. I comes across as crass , a Neanderthal, a babbling idiot sometimes. I like to show you that person. I like that person. [...]
* delicate, sensible, refined
From (etyl) crappe, also in plural: crappen, crappys, . Related to (l).
(obsolete) The husk of grain; chaff.
(slang) Something of poor quality.
(slang, vulgar) Something that is rubbish; nonsense.
- The long-running game show went from offering good prizes to crap in no time.
(slang, vulgar) Faeces or feces.
(slang, vulgar, countable) An act of defecation.
- The college student boasted of completing a 10,000-word essay on Shakespeare, but the professor judged it as utter crap .
(slang) Useless object or entity.
- ''I have to take a crap
- What is that?'' ''It's just a bunch of crap
(vulgar, slang) To defecate.
* crap on - (UK) To talk at length in a foolish or boring way.
* To crap something out: to damage or destroy something.
(chiefly, UK, colloquial, somewhat, vulgar) Of poor quality.
- I drove an old crap car for ten years before buying a new one.
* crappy (chiefly, North America)
(slang) Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
- Oh crap! The other driver's going to hit my car!
- Crap! I lost the game.
- What the crap ?!
- Aw, crap , I have to start over again from the beginning of the level.
From "crab's eyes"
(gambling) A losing throw of 2, 3 or 12 in craps.
* crap out