As nouns the difference between equestrian and cowgirl
is that equestrian
is an equestrian person; a horserider while cowgirl
is a woman who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
As an adjective equestrian
is of horseback riding or horseback riders.
As a verb cowgirl is
to work as a cowgirl, herding cattle.
of horseback riding or horseback riders
- They were an equestrian people.
- After his death an equestrian statue was created.
an equestrian person; a horserider
a woman who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
a woman who identifies with cowboy culture, including clothing such as the cowboy hat.
a playing card of queen rank.
A sex position where the woman is on top; cowgirl position.
* (sex position) woman-on-top
, year = 2000
, last = Weisenberg
, first = Michael
, url = http://www.poker1.com/mcu/pokerdictionary/mculib_dictionary_info.asp
, title = The Official Dictionary of Poker
, publisher = MGI/Mike Caro University
, isbn = 978-1880069523}}
(rare) To work as a cowgirl, herding cattle.
* 1998 , Linda M. Hasselstrom, Gaydell Collier, Nancy Curtis, Leaning Into the Wind: Women Write from the Heart of the West
* 2007 , American Cowboy (volume 13, number 5, Jan-Feb 2007, page 56)
- She also cowgirled and hired out to do ranch and timber work.
- Only 250 miles down the road a reclusive beauty named Joann Brebner was living the bucolic life, cowgirling , helping out at her family's remote ranch-based resort.