Project vs Counterproject - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between project and counterproject
is that project
is a planned endeavor, usually with a specific goal and accomplished in several steps or stages or project
can be (usually|plural|us) an urban low-income housing building while counterproject
is a project proposed in opposition to another.
As a verb project
is to extend beyond a surface.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Noun from (etyl) .
A planned endeavor, usually with a specific goal and accomplished in several steps or stages.
* (and other bibliographic details) (Rogers)
* (and other bibliographic details) (Prescott)
- projects of happiness devised by human reason
(dated) An idle scheme; an impracticable design.
- He entered into the project with his customary ardour.
(obsolete) A projectile.
(obsolete) A projection.
(obsolete) The place from which a thing projects.
- a man given to projects
To extend beyond a surface.
To cast (an image or shadow) upon a surface; to throw or cast forward; to shoot forth.
* Alexander Pope
- Before his feet herself she did project .
To extend (a protrusion or appendage) outward.
To make plans for; to forecast.
- Behold! th' ascending villas on my side / Project long shadows o'er the crystal tide.
- The CEO is projecting the completion of the acquisition by April 2007.
(reflexive) To present (oneself), to convey a certain impression, usually in a good way.
* 1946 , Dr. Ralph S. Banay, The Milwaukeee Journal,
- projecting peace and war
Is Modern Woman a Failure :
(transitive, psychology, psychoanalysis) To assume wrongly qualities or mindsets in others based on one's own personality.
(cartography) To change the projection (or coordinate system) of spatial data with another projection.
- It is difficult to gauge the exact point at which women stop trying to fool men and really begin to deceive themselves, but an objective analyst cannot escape the conclusion (1) that partly from a natural device inherent in the species, women deliberately project upon actual or potential suitors an impression of themselves that is not an accurate picture of their total nature, and (2) that few women ever are privileged to see themselves as they really are.
* (extend beyond a surface) jut, jut out, protrude, stick out
* cast, throw
* (extend outward) extend, jut, jut out
* forecast, foresee, foretell,
Shortening of (housing project)
A project proposed in opposition to another.