As verbs the difference between correcting and correct
is that correcting
is while correct
is to make something that was not valid become right to remove error.
As an adjective correct is
free from error; true; the state of having an affirmed truth.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* correcting fluid
Free from error; true; the state of having an affirmed truth.
With good manners; well behaved; conforming with accepted standards of behaviour.
* (with good manners) well-mannered, well behaved
* (without error) incorrect, inaccurate
* (with good manners) uncouth
* anatomically correct
To make something that was not valid become right. To remove error.
(by extension) To grade (examination papers).
To inform (someone) of the latter's error.
- He corrected the position of the book on the mantle.
- It's rude to correct your parents.
* See also