A married woman, especially in relation to her spouse.
* (The Fisherman and His Wife)
* , chapter=10
- My wife and I have decided to have a baby.
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=It was a joy to snatch some brief respite, and find himself in the rectory drawing–room. Listening here was as pleasant as talking; just to watch was pleasant. The young priests who lived here wore cassocks and birettas; their faces were fine and mild, yet really strong, like the rector's face; and in their intercourse with him and his wife
they seemed to be brothers.}}
The female of a pair of mated animals.
Although not common, wife'' can be used with ''the to indicate one's own wife. For instance, "I'd like to go, but the wife wants me home." More commonly, "my wife".
* (married woman) better half, life partner, little woman (slang), partner, significant other, spouse
* See also
* (married woman) husband, were (obsolete)
(Terms derived from the noun "wife")
* (From woman) alewife
* (partner) co-wife
* (partner) ex-wife
* (woman) fishwife
* (woman) goodwife
* (partner) housewife
* (partner) huswife
* (partner) man and wife/I now declare you man and wife
* (woman) midwife
* (woman) old wife/old-wife/oldwife
* (woman) pudding-wife
* (partner) trophy wife
* (partner) wife-beater
* (woman/partner) wifehood
* (partner) wifeless
* (woman) wifely
* (partner) wifey
(label) A small, flat, baked cake which is either crisp or soft but firm (often with chocolate chips, candies or nuts mixed in).
(label) A specifically American-style (l).
(label) A bun.
An (l), web cookie.
(label) A (l).
A young, attractive woman.
The female genitalia.
* 2009 , T. R. Oulds, Story of Many Secret Night , Lulu.com (2010), ISBN 9781409285816,
* 2010 , Lennie Ross, Blow me , Lulu.com (2010), ISBN 9781257133819,
- Her legs hung over the edge and the large towel covered just enough of her lap to hide her 'cookie' .
* 2014 , (Nicki Minaj), "" (Clean Version), (w) :
- If she wanted to compete in this dog-eat-pussy world, she had to keep up her personal grooming, even if it meant spreading her legs and letting some Vietnamese woman rip the hair off her cookie every other week.
- Cookie put his butt to sleep, now he callin' me Nyquil.
* (cake) (l), (l) (qualifier)
* (l) (UK)