Not English Wikidiffcom has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
The act of converting something or someone.
- His conversion to Islam
* Francis Bacon
- The conversion of the database from ASCII to Unicode
(computing) A software product converted from one platform to another.
* 1988 , Crash (issue 59, December 1988)
- Artificial conversion of water into ice.
(chemistry) A chemical reaction wherein a substrate is transformed into a product.
(rugby) A free-kick, after scoring a try, worth two points.
(American football) An extra point scored by kicking a field goal after scoring a touchdown.
(marketing) An online advertising performance metric representing a visitor performing whatever the intended result of an ad is defined to be.
(legal) Under the common law, the tort of the taking of someone's personal property with intent to permanently deprive them of it, or damaging property to the extent that the owner is deprived of the utility of that property, thus making the tortfeasor liable for the entire value of the property.
- Mike Follin also programmed the Spectrum version of The Sentinel'' (97%, Issue 40), and the excellent coin-op conversions ''Bubble Bobble'' (90%, Issue 45) and ''Bionic Commando (92%, Issue 53).
- the conversion of a horse
(linguistics) The process whereby a new word is created without changing the form, often by allowing the word to function as a new part of speech.
(obsolete) The act of turning round; revolution; rotation.
(logic) The act of interchanging the terms of a proposition, as by putting the subject in the place of the predicate, or vice versa.
(math) A change or reduction of the form or value of a proposition.
- Or bring my action of conversion / And trover for my goods.
- the conversion''' of equations; the '''conversion of proportions