From the proprietary name of a game involving deception.
American Heritage Dictionary
A light parody.
* 2000 , Stanley Green, Hollywood Musicals Year by Year ,
* 2003 , Margo Daly, Anne Dehne, Rough Guide to Australia ,
- On Broadway, where it opened in 1949, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'' was a spoof''' of the madcap Twenties which gave Carol Channing her first starring role; on the screen, it was an up-to-date ' spoof of sex which gave Marilyn Monroe her first starring role in a musical.
(UK) A drinking game in which players hold up to three (or another specified number of) coins hidden in a fist and attempt to guess the total number of coins held.
- The final piece of the country puzzle is found at the corner of Brisbane Street and Kable Avenue, where the Hands of Fame' cornerstone bears the palm-prints of more country greats. A glorious '''spoof , the Noses of Fame memorial, can be savoured over a beer at the ''Tattersalls Hotel on Peel Street.
* (parody) parody, satire, send-up / sendup
* 1998 , George McKay (editor), Notes on Contributors'', ''DiY Culture: Party & Protest in Nineties Britain ,
* 2004 , Paul Gravett, Manga: 60 Years of Japanese Comics ,
- His most recent art project, ‘Consuming Desire’, explored men?s relationship with pornography, using invisible art strategies (a spoof' sex shop and a ' spoof porn CD-ROM), media interventions (TV/ radio and press exposure), and therapeutic work with men addicted to pornography.
- Below left: Despite appearances, Hajime Furukawa?s wacky I Don?t Like Friday'' was never aimed at children, but ran as a spoof sex-education English course in ''Business Jump .
To gently satirize.
* 1971 , Harvey R. Deneroff, Harlow, Jean'', entry in Edward T. James, Janet Wilson James, Paul S. Boyer (editors), ''Notable American Women, 1607-1950: A Biographical Dictionary , Volume 2,
- Her best film is generally considered to be Bombshell (1933), in which she spoofed her own career as a Hollywood sex goddess.
, date=April 29
, author=Nathan Rabin
, title=TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)
, passage=According to the audio commentary on “Treehouse Of Horror III,” some of the creative folks at The Simpsons were concerned that the “Treehouse Of Horror” franchise had outworn its welcome and was rapidly running out of classic horror or science-fiction fodder to spoof
(computing) To falsify.
* 2003 , Tao Peng, Christopher Leckie, Kotagiri Ramamohanarao, Detecting Distributed Denial of Service Attacks by Sharing Distributed Beliefs'', Rei Safavi-Naini, Jennifer Seberry (editors), ''Information Security and Privacy: 8th Australasian Conference, ACISP 2003, Proceedings , LNCS 2727,
* 2007 , Wes Kussmaul, The Sex Life of Tables: What Happens When Databases about You Mate ,
- However, MULTOPS assumes that packet rates between two hosts are proportional and the IP addresses are not spoofed .
- In fact they are more important, because identities in the online world can be easily spoofed'.You may have heard that a digital certificate prevents such identity ' spoofing .
* (to satirize) satirise / satirize, send up
(Australian, New Zealand, slang) Semen.
* sprog (Australia)
* spunk (UK)
(Australian, New Zealand, slang) To ejaculate, to come.
Not English Spoofiea has no English definition. It may be misspelled.