As verbs the difference between infest and contaminate
is that infest
is to inhabit a place in unpleasantly large numbers while contaminate
is to introduce impurities or foreign matter to.
As an adjective infest
is (obsolete) mischievous; hurtful; harassing.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To inhabit a place in unpleasantly large numbers
(pathology, of a parasite) To invade a host plant or animal
- Insects are infesting my basement!
(obsolete) mischievous; hurtful; harassing
To introduce impurities or foreign matter to.
- Do not contaminate the peanut butter with the jelly.
To soil or corrupt by contact; to tarnish; to pollute.
- This water is contaminated . It isn't safe to drink.
- Shall we now / Contaminate our figures with base bribes?
- I would neither have simplicity imposed upon, nor virtue contaminated .