As nouns the difference between conservator and conservationist
is that conservator
is one who conserves, preserves or protects something while conservationist
is a person who maintains natural areas or protects threatened species.
* conservatour (obsolete)
One who conserves, preserves or protects something.
* 2014, (Paul Salopek), Blessed. Cursed. Claimed. , National Geographic (December 2014)[http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/12/pilgrim-roads/salopek-text]
- Chlouveraki, a tenacious archaeological conservator , has salvaged antiquities all over the Middle East.
(legal) A person appointed by a court to manage the affairs of another; similar to a guardian but with some powers of a trustee.
- the great Creator and Conservator of the world
- The lords of the secret council were likewise made conservators of the peace of the two kingdoms.
An officer in charge of preserving the public peace, such as a justice or sheriff.
(Roman Catholicism) A judge delegated by the pope to defend certain privileged classes of persons from manifest or notorious injury or violence, without recourse to a judicial process.
A professional who works on the conservation and restoration of objects, particularly artistic objects.
- the conservator of the estate of an idiot
A person who maintains natural areas or protects threatened species.
Someone who advocates for these actions.