Lucid vs Conscious - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between lucid and conscious
is that lucid
is clear; easily understood while conscious
is alert, awake.
As a noun lucid
is a lucid dream.
clear; easily understood
mentally rational; sane
bright, luminous, translucent or transparent
* lucid dream
* lucidity (noun)
* lucidly (adverb)
A lucid dream.
* 1986 , Benjamin B. Wolman, Montague Ullman, Handbook of states of consciousness (page 163)
- The day before nightmare-initiated lucids , subjects reported more depressed feelings
* , chapter=5
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=Here, in the transept and choir, where the service was being held, one was conscious
every moment of an increasing brightness; colours glowing vividly beneath the circular chandeliers, and the rows of small lights on the choristers' desks flashed and sparkled in front of the boys' faces, deep linen collars, and red neckbands.}}
- Once again the animals were conscious of a vague uneasiness.
Aware of one's own existence; aware of one's own awareness.
* 1999 , Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now , Hodder and Stoughton, pages 61–62:
- The best indicator of your level of consciousness is how you deal with life's challenges when they come. Through those challenges, an already unconscious person tends to become more deeply unconscious, and a conscious' person more intensely ' conscious .