Termination vs Connection - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between termination and connection
is that termination
is the process of terminating or the state of being terminated while connection
is (uncountable) the act of connecting.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The process of terminating or the state of being terminated.
The process of firing an employee; ending one's employment at a business for any reason.
An end in time; a conclusion.
An end in space; an edge or limit.
An outcome or result.
The last part of a word; a suffix.
(medical) An induced abortion.
(obsolete, rare) A word, a term.
* 1599 ,
The ending up of a polypeptid chain.
- She speaks poniards, and every word stabs: if her breath were as terrible as her terminations , there were no living near her; she would infect to the north star.
* (process of terminating ): discontinuation, stoppage
* (state of being termined ): discontinuation
* (process of firing an employee ): discharge, dismissal
* (end in time ): close, conclusion, end, finale, finish, stop
* (end in space ): border, edge, end, limit, lip, rim, tip
* (outcome ): consequence, outcome, result, upshot
* (medical): abortion, induced abortion
* (process of terminating or the state of being terminated) continuation
* terminative case
* connexion , (abbreviation)
(uncountable) The act of connecting.
The point at which two or more things are connected.
- the connection between overeating and obesity
- My headache has no connection with me going out last night.
, date=April 15
, title=Morning swoop in hunt for Jodi's killer
, work=The Scotsman
, passage=A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We can confirm that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of Jodi Jones. A 45-year-old has also been arrested in connection
with allegations of attempting to pervert the course of justice. A report on this has been sent to the procurator fiscal." }}
A feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people.
An established communications or transportation link.
- As we were the only people in the room to laugh at the joke, I felt a connection between us.
- computers linked by a network connection
(transport) A transfer from one transportation vehicle to another in scheduled transportation service
- I was talking to him, but there was lightning and we lost the connection .
A kinship relationship between people.
- The bus was late so he missed his connection at Penn Station and had to wait six hours for the next train.