Organic vs Congenital - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Organic is a related term of congenital.
As adjectives the difference between organic and congenital
is that organic
is (biology) pertaining to or derived from living organisms while congenital
is congenital: originating before birth and continuing or progressing thereafter.
As a noun organic
is (chemistry) an organic compound.
* organick (obsolete)
(biology) pertaining to or derived from living organisms.
pertaining to an organ of the body of a living organism.
(chemistry) relating to the compounds of carbon, relating to natural products
of food or food products, grown in an environment free from artificial agrichemicals, and possibly certified by a regulatory body.
(sociology) describing a form of social solidarity theorized by Emile Durkheim that is characterized by voluntary engagements in complex interdepencies for mutual benefit (such as business agreements), rather than mechanical solidarity, which depends on ascribed relations between people (as in a family or tribe).
(military) Of a military unit or formation, or its elements, belonging to a permanent organization (in contrast to being temporarily attached).
* 1998 : Eyal Ben-Ari, Mastering Soldiers: Conflict, Emotions, and the Enemy in an Israeli Military Unit . Beghahn Books,
* 1945 : U.S. War Department, Handbook on German Military Forces . LSU Press (1990).
- ''Socially, the term “organic ” unit implies a military force characterized by relatively high cohesion, overlapping primary groups and a certain sense of shared past.
Instrumental; acting as instruments of nature or of art to a certain destined function or end.
- Most types of German field divisions include an organic reconnaissance battalion, and the remainder have strong reconnaissance companies.
(Internet, of search results) Generated according to the ranking algorithms of a search engine, as opposed to paid placement by advertisers.
* 2008 , Michael Masterson, MaryEllen Tribby, Changing the Channel: 12 Easy Ways to Make Millions for Your Business
- those organic arts which enable men to discourse and write perspicuously
- According to a recent survey by Jupiter Research, 80 percent of Web users get information from organic search results.
* (chemistry) inorganic
* organic agriculture
* organic chemistry
* organic forestry
* organic intellectual
(chemistry) An organic compound
(of a trait) Present since birth.