Safeguard vs Conductor - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Safeguard is a related term of conductor.
As nouns the difference between safeguard and conductor
is that safeguard
is something that serves as a guard or protection; a defense while conductor
is one who conducts or leads; a guide; a director.
As a verb safeguard
is to protect, to keep safe.
Something that serves as a guard or protection; a defense.
One who, or that which, defends or protects; defence; protection.
- Getting a flu shot is a good safeguard against illness.
A safe-conduct or passport, especially in time of war.
- Thy sword, the safeguard of thy brother's throne.
to protect, to keep safe
to escort safely
- She kept a savings to safeguard against debt and emergencies.
* conductour (obsolete)
One who conducts or leads; a guide; a director.
(music) A person who conducts an orchestra, choir or other music ensemble; a professional whose occupation is conducting.
A person who takes tickets on public transportation.
- Zeal, the blind conductor of the will.
Something that can transmit electricity, heat, light or sound.
(mathematics) An ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
* 1988 , F van Oystaeyen, Lieven Le Bruyn, Perspectives in ring theory
- train conductor'''; tram '''conductor
A grooved sound or staff used for directing instruments, such as lithontriptic forceps; a director.
(architecture) A leader.
- If c is the conductor ideal for R in R then prime ideals not containing c correspond to localizations yielding discrete valuation rings.
* non-conductor (3), nonconductor (3), insulator (3)
* lightning conductor
* ticket inspector