As adjectives the difference between compendious and condense
is that compendious
is containing a subset of words, succinctly described; abridged and summarized while condense
As a verb condense is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
containing a subset of words, succinctly described; abridged and summarized
briefly describing a body of knowledge
To decrease size or volume by concentration toward the essence.
- An abridged dictionary can be further condensed to pocket size.
To make more close, compact, or dense; to compress or concentrate.
- Boiling off water condenses a thin sauce into a soupier mixture.
- In what shape they choose, / Dilated or condensed , bright or obscure.
(chemistry) To transform from a gaseous state into a liquid state via condensation.
- The secret course pursued at Brussels and at Madrid may be condensed into the usual formula, dissimulation, procrastination, and again dissimulation.
* (to decrease size or volume) minify
(archaic) Condensed; compact; dense.
- The huge condense bodies of planets. — Bentley.