As an adjective whiney
As a verb complain is
to express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
To express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
- Joe was always complaining about the noise made by his neighbours.
To make a formal accusation or bring a formal charge.
- O loss of sight, of thee I most complain !
- They've complained about me to the police again.
To creak or squeak, as a timber or wheel.
- Now, Master Shallow, you'll complain of me to the king?
- the complaining bed-springs
* See also