Commonly is a synonym of normally.
As adverbs the difference between commonly and normally
is that commonly
is as a rule; frequently; usually while normally
is under normal conditions or circumstances; usually; most of the time.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
as a rule; frequently; usually
(obsolete) in common; familiarly
Under normal conditions or circumstances; usually; most of the time
In the expected or customary manner.
- Normally , I eat breakfast at 6am, but today, I got up late and didn't eat until 9.
To a usual or customary extent or degree.
- Lisa ate normally , until she realised that she was late for choir, when she sped up.
(mathematics, statistics) In the manner of a variable with a Gaussian distribution.
- He was abnormally agitated, she only normally so.
* (most of the time) commonly, frequently, ordinarily
* (in the expected manner) customarily, habitually, routinely