Commission vs Conservancy - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between commission and conservancy
is that commission
is a sending or mission (to do or accomplish something) while conservancy
is the conservation of a resource.
As a verb commission
is to send or officially charge someone or some group to do something.
A sending or mission (to do or accomplish something).
An official charge or authority to do something, often used of military officers.
- It was James Bond's commission to defeat the bad guys.
- David received his commission after graduating from West Point.
The thing to be done as agent for another.
- Let him see our commission .
A body or group of people, officially tasked with carrying out a particular function.
- I have three commissions for the city.
- the European Commission; the Electoral Commission; the Federal Communications Commission
- The company's sexual harassment commission made sure that every employee completed the on-line course.
A fee charged by an agent or broker for carrying out a transaction.
- A commission was at once appointed to examine into the matter.
- a reseller's commission
The act of committing (e.g. a crime).
- The real-estate broker charged a four percent commission for their knowledge on bidding for commercial properties; for their intellectual perspective on making a formal offer and the strategy to obtain a mutually satisfying deal with the seller in favour of the buyer .
- the commission , preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism
- Every commission of sin introduces into the soul a certain degree of hardness.
* body of officials: committee, government body
* fee charged: brokerage
* European Commission
* out of commission
To send or officially charge someone or some group to do something.
* 2012 , August 1. Owen Gibson in Guardian Unlimited,
- James Bond was commissioned with recovering the secret documents.
London 2012: rowers Glover and Stanning win Team GB's first gold medal
To place an order for (often piece of art); as, commission a portrait.
- Stanning, who was commissioned from Sandhurst in 2008 and has served in Aghanistan, is not the first solider to bail out the organisers at these Games but will be among the most celebrated.
To put into active service; as, commission a ship.
- He commissioned a replica of the Mona Lisa for his living room, but the painter gave up after six months.
- The aircraft carrier was commissioned in 1944, during WWII.
The conservation of a resource
An organization dedicated to the conservation of natural resources
(label) A commission that deals with fishery and navigation
A state in which a company is allowed to continue trading without incurring any new financial liabilities or disposing of any assets
* 1986' April 16, "Midland Insurance was placed in '''conservancy .", [http://articles.latimes.com/1986-04-16/business/fi-268_1_midland-insurance]