Codding vs Coddling - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between codding and coddling
is that codding
is while coddling
As an adjective codding
is (obsolete) lustful.
As a noun coddling is
the act of one who coddles or pampers.
The act of one who coddles or pampers.
* 1871 , Kate Neely Hill Festetits, Actions speak louder than words
(type of apple)
* 1791 , Mrs. Frazer, The Practice of Cookery, Pastry, Pickling, Preserving, &c
- It was associated, to them, with vague sweet memories of loving nestlings in mother's arms, of soft warm coddlings before the fire, of slow rocking to and fro in the little, low, flag chair, and gradual droppings off to sleep
* 2006 , Michael Moorcock, The Vengeance of Rome
- Take the large coddlings , or any other hard green apple, newly pulled; cut them in quarters, and cut out the core
- Afterwards, when we had all pulled crackers and donned fancy hats and paper masks, we were served with our choice of plum puddings or hot coddlings , mince pies or pumpkin tart.