Ploying vs Cloying - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between ploying and cloying
is that ploying
is while cloying
As an adjective cloying is
* August 16 2014 , Daniel Taylor, "
- The cloying fondness she displayed was what, in the end, drove me away.
Swansea upstage Manchester United in Louis van Gaal’s Premier League bow," guardian.co.uk :
- It was a cloying sense of deja vu attached to the team that finished seventh last season, 22 points off the top and drastically in need of some more dynamism.
* (unpleasantly excessive) exaggerated
* (excessively sweet) syrupy, treacly