Classy vs Classical - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between classy and classical
is that classy
is elegant, highly stylish or fashionable while classical
is of or relating to the first class or rank, especially in literature or art.
Elegant, highly stylish or fashionable.
Of a superior type; especially, exhibiting admirable personal qualities.
- That's a very classy outfit.
- That was a classy response.
, date=October 1
, author=David Ornstein
, title=Blackburn 0 - 4 Man City
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=Manchester City put the Carlos Tevez saga behind them with a classy
victory at Blackburn that keeps them level on points with leaders Manchester United.}}
Of or relating to the first class or rank, especially in literature or art.
Of or pertaining to established principles in a discipline.
- Mr. Greaves may justly be reckoned a classical author on this subject.
(music) Describing European music and musicians of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
(informal, music) Describing serious music (rather than pop, jazz, blues etc), especially when played using instruments of the orchestra.
Of or pertaining to the ancient Greeks and Romans, especially to Greek or Roman authors of the highest rank, or of the period when their best literature was produced; of or pertaining to places inhabited by the ancient Greeks and Romans, or rendered famous by their deeds.
- Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get; what you get is classical alpha-taxonomy which is, very largely and for sound reasons, in disrepute today.
Conforming to the best authority in literature and art; chaste; pure; refined; as, a classical style.
- He [Atterbury] directed the classical studies of the undergraduates of his college.
(physics) Pertaining to models of physical laws that do not take quantum or relativistic effects into account; Newtonian or Maxwellian.
- Classical , provincial, and national synods.
* Classical Greece
* Classical Greek
* classical history
* Classical Latin
* classical music