Civilization vs Aegean - What's the difference?
* civilisation (UK)
An organized culture encompassing many communities, often on the scale of a nation or a people; a stage or system of social, political or technical development.
- the Aztec civilization
- Western civilization
(uncountable) Human society, particularly civil society.
- Modern civilization is a product of industrialization and globalization.
- A hermit doesn't much care for civilization .
The act or process of civilizing]] or becoming [[civilize, civilized.
- I'm glad to be back in civilization after a day with that rowdy family.
The state or quality of being civilized.
- The teacher's civilization of the child was no easy task.
(obsolete) The act of rendering a criminal process civil.
- He was a man of great civilization .
* (large-scale stage of societal development) culture, order
* (group of countries) sphere
* (act of civilizing) education, acculturation
* (preferred human society) home, the land of the living
(en proper noun
Collectively, those people of the world considered to have a high standard of behavior and / or a high level of development. Commonly subjectively used by people of one society to exclusively refer to their society, or their elite sub-group, or a few associated societies, implying all others, in time or geography or status, as something less than civilised]], as savages or [[barbarian, barbarians. cf refinement, elitism, civilised society, the Civilised World
Of or relating to the Aegean Sea or the regions bordering it.
Of or relating to the Bronze Age civilization in that region.