Circular vs Circlelike - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between circular and circlelike
is that circular
is of or relating to a circle while circlelike
is shaped like a circle, round, circular.
As a noun circular
is a printed advertisement, directive, or notice intended for mass distribution; a flyer.
Of or relating to a circle.
In the shape of, or moving in a circle.
* , chapter=5
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=Here, in the transept and choir, where the service was being held, one was conscious every moment of an increasing brightness; colours glowing vividly beneath the circular
chandeliers, and the rows of small lights on the choristers' desks flashed and sparkled in front of the boys' faces, deep linen collars, and red neckbands.}}
Circuitous or roundabout.
Referring back to itself, so as to prevent computation or comprehension; infinitely recursive.
- circular reasoning
- Your dictionary defines "brave" as "courageous", and "courageous" as "brave". That's a circular definition.
Distributed to a large number of persons.
- a circular formula in a spreadsheet
(obsolete) Perfect; complete.
- a proclamation of Henry III., doubtless circular throughout England
(archaic) Adhering to a fixed circle of legends; cyclic; hence, mean; inferior.
- A man so absolute and circular / In all those wished-for rarities that may take / A virgin captive.
- Had Virgil been a circular poet, and closely adhered to history, how could the Romans have had Dido?
* circular file
* circular saw
A printed advertisement, directive, or notice intended for mass distribution; a flyer
In administration, a circular letter
(dated) A sleeveless cloak, cut in circular form.
* catalogue, catalog
* flier, flyer
* handbill, hand bill
* junk mail
Shaped like a circle, round, circular.